BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Tire Supervisors are responsible for managing BJ’s tire bay operations at a club, including managing sales, supervising tire bay team members, selling / installing tires and filling propane. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Merchandising the tire sales floor, ensuring tires are installed and disposed of and propane tanks are filled per Company policy
- Maintaining and ordering tire installation equipment
- Supervising Tire Department Team Members
- Ensuring that Tire Bay Team Members work in a safe environment and are following the Company's practices and procedures relating to tire bay safety
- Maintaining a clean and professional tire bay and waiting area
- Ensuring that knowledgeable service is provided to members at the tire desk
- Maintaining an accurate and complete supply inventory
- Coordinating with Home Office regarding member tire needs, as needed
- Utilizing the special order programs where appropriate
- Complying with safety and cleanliness standards / audits and checklists and utilizing tire bay equipment properly
- Installing, selling and repairing tires
- Filling propane tanks, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Knowledge of tire sales, prior tire installation experience preferred; Level 400 certified technician preferred
- High School diploma required
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a vehicle with both an automatic and manual transmission
- Ability to lift over 30 pounds with assistance
- Basic Supervisory Skills, knowledge of tires, batteries, propane tanks, and other equipment used or installed in the Tire Bay required
- Must be able to pass Michelin training levels one through four within three months of hire
Minimum Age Requirements:
Must be at least 18 years of age.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.