Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)The Total Absence Management (TAM) Analyst is responsible for managing lower complexity leave, disability and accommodation cases. The TAM Analyst will provide day to day support to employees, managers and HCPs on a variety of employee relations, absence management and accommodation issues. This role will be responsible to manage a large case volume, meet all service level agreements (SLAs) and follow appropriate documented procedures in the case management system to ensure legal compliance. Apply independent judgment to individual cases and ensure compliance with state, federal and local laws to include FMLA, FLSA, the ADA and ADAAA.
- Manages low complexity cases related to the interactive ADA process for: restructured breaks, overtime exemption, health related absences, adaptive software, hearing loss solutions, job reassignment, sit / stand workstations, etc.
- Collaborate with disability vendors on the cases, to effectively manage return to work for employees returning from a leave of absence, who have medical restrictions and/or accommodation needs
- Consult and coordinate with managers and departments to implement job modifications / accommodations; evaluate the need for assistive equipment or modifications to the work environment, and ensure reasonable accommodations are effectively implemented at the worksite
- Manage cases related to Leaves, Disability, Employee Relations, Payroll and employee complaints, etc.
- Manage cases related to backfill requests, administrative terminations and demand to return to work
- Provide guidance and consultation to Employee Relations on case consults
- Ensure required forms and documentation are complete, accurate and within deadlines and the case management tool is documented correctly
- Participates in and supports Total Absence Management initiatives and special projects
- Follow appropriate escalation guideline and ensure notification to appropriate levels within the organization is timely
- Performs other duties and as required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in leave, disability or accommodations
- Knowledge of ADA, FMLA, FLSA guidelines and other federal and state related disability and leave laws
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with Case Management systems
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Absence Management, STD, LTD, FMLA, LOA, Accommodation, HR, Human Resource, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota