Performs the duties involved with the maintenance repair activities surrounding the M/W functions. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's safety policies and applicable laws. Works with direction from the M/W Supervisor and/or M/W Foreman.
- Performs the day-to day activities of a M/W gang; unloads and/or assists in the unloading and distribution of track material (rail, ties, spikes, plates, etc.)
- Restores track after derailments; manages the right of way and structures for trains
- Corrects deviations in track surface, alignment, and gauge
- Installs and repairs street crossings and railroad crossings; establishes and maintains drainage; installs, repairs, and cleans small culverts; removes snow when needed
- Operates tools in the performance of duties such as rail saw, track wrench, spike maul, tie adz, claw bar, and others as needed
- Sprays switches, angle bars, curves, and joints; lubricates track when/where necessary
- High School Diploma or GED; with 2 years work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A CDL; other technical training; experience with heavy hand tools; previous work in an outside environment are preferred.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Plainfield, Connecticut, United States