- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform equipment safety and maintenance checks.
- Report any and all defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Participate in job briefings and understand daily production goals.
- Perform preventative maintenance, minor repairs, and adjustments to equipment as needed.
- Fill out and maintain required regulatory forms.
- Promote a safe and drug free working environment.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Minimum Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of verifiable experience operating railroad maintenance of way equipment.
- Poses the ability to perform routine maintenance and trouble-shoot equipment problems.
- Understand and carry out oral and written communication both general and technical.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 60 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to operate equipment in varying working and weather conditions.
- Field position with extensive travel required, work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, and overtime.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- A CDL is required to operate certain equipment.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Goodland, Kansas, United States