Safe and efficient maintenance of Bright Angel and South Kaibab Trails.
- Assist with the repair of mule-related impact on the Bright Angel and South Kaibab Trails.
- Maintain an efficient packing system to maximize time at work sites.
- Repair gear as necessary and report defective equipment to the Trail Crew Lead.
- Assist the Trail Crew Lead and Livery Management with the safe and healthy use of mules in the trail crew operation.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience handling horses or mules, and proven equestrian skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have own saddle and tack.
- Ability to learn two-way radio system.
- Ability to handle extremes in weather and working conditions and exposure to outdoor conditions.
- Possess physical agility and ability to stay in the saddle for extended periods of time.
- Possess physical ability to hike in and out of sites when necessary.
Selected candidates will be required to take a student ride into the Canyon to demonstrate appropriate mule handling skills and tolerance for the environment. The student ride will be free, but your travel expenses and lodging while here are at your own expense.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.