Title Train Driver / Conch Tour Train Conductor EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Description
JOIN OUR FUN-EMPLOYED FAMILY!
This is a GREAT opportunity to LEARN about the history of our city and
get to BRAG about it!!!
Become a CASTmember of the Nations Storyteller ®
Have fun driving a Conch Tour Train and sharing the history of our region.
Entertain visitors while educating them about our historical city!
You've seen the original Conch Tour Train all over the city and probably thought, 'What a fun job that must be'. Well, you're absolutely right! For more than a quarter of a century, Conch Tour Trains have been treating guests to a journey back in time while touring the most interesting and popular attractions in the city.
Come join the ranks of the FUN-employed on the Conch Tour Train.
We are now holding interviews for our extensive PAID training program with $1000 bonus that will thoroughly prepare you to be a professional tour conductor!
Already having a CDL is a plus, but not required because we'll train you and prepare you to test for one!
Our ideal Tour Conductors have a passion for helping people and making their vacation experience a memorable one. A sincere love of history and the culture of our city is ideal.
The Tour Conductor must be able to drive a non-air-conditioned vehicle, on busy public streets in a safe, competent manner while entertaining guests by narrating a scripted sightseeing tour.
Most tours are approximately 1-2 hours in duration and Tour Conductors narrate several tours during each shift.
Full-Time, Part-Time and Seasonal positions may be available.
Weekends/Holidays Required.Position Requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- No prior knowledge is required, extensive paid training is provided
- Must be able to board and exit the Conch Tour Train and assist guestis with boarding and exiting the train
- Must pass annual Motor Vehicle Reports (MVR) checks as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable and verifiable driving record of at least three years
- Bonus available upon certification ($500) and then 90 days after certification ($500)
- All FT Employees are eligible for paid vacation time as well as company sponsored health and wellness plans
- All FT, PT and Seasonal employees are eligible for:
- Paid sick time
- 401K plan with company matching * * Eligibility requirements must apply
- Flexible schedules, including a combination of weekdays and weekends are available
- Fun, upbeat work environment with various award and recognition celebrations throughout the year
- Discounts in retail stores and free admission to all company attractions
Successful candidate must undergo a drug test and a background search
This position is currently accepting applications.