The Train Electrician is a full time year round position working at the Grand Canyon Railway Locomotive facility. This is a lead level position responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems on locomotives, passenger cars, facilities and other equipment.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Duties of Electrician III and II.
- Acts as Lead Train Electrician when supervisor or manager is unavailable.
- Read and draw electrical schematics and understand electrical code specifications to determine wiring installations.
- Lay out, design, and implement control equipment and wiring for locomotive and passenger car systems.
- Layout and design distribution and control equipment such as circuit breaker panel boards, fuse enclosures, switch boxes, pull-boxes, and related devices.
- Identify equipment needs, parts, and supplies; maintain adequate inventory.
- Provide guidance, training, and assistance to less experienced employees as needed.
- Provide clear communication to appropriate parties and prioritize work load to meet deadlines.
- Do precision work and adhere to industry standards for installation, repairs and safety.
- Solve problems relating to installation techniques on job sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certificate or degree in electrical systems or knowledge of electrical concepts acquired through 5 year of related experience working with 3 phase 480/220, 110 power circuits. Electronic and relay logic controls.
- Must be willing and able to respond to call outs within 30 minutes.
- Requires valid and clear Arizona Driver’s License and ability to comply with Xanterra/GCR Vehicle Policy.