Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
As the Training Associate, you will be responsible for delivering training within a specialized function. In this role, you will have the opportunity to conduct training for the Optum HouseCalls business, mostly face to face, and also via virtual settings.
- Positions in this function are responsible for training within the HouseCalls program. May also be involved in the design and development of training programs
- Demonstrate working knowledge of applicable operational platforms (e.g., workflows, procedures, systems) to drive effective training for the HouseCalls organization
- Demonstrate understanding of impacts of the applicable operational processes including their impact on Members / consumers / providers
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business structures and strategies (e.g., business segments, Benefits vs. Services, interrelationships)
- Identify and leverage appropriate internal resources in order to address issues that may impact the learning process (e.g., systems access, facilities access)
- Prepare for and support effective course facilitation
- Maintain and apply effective facilitation skills
- Manage / Support the Learning Environment
- Measure & Enhance Learning Effectiveness
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience facilitating classroom training
- 1+ years of customer service experience in a work operations environment
- 1+ years of experience conducting needs assessments meetings for training
- 2+ years of experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience utilizing multiple systems (presentation software, demonstrate operational systems) while training
- Comfortable traveling up to 10% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 4+ years of corporate training facilitation experience
- Experience working collaboratively with documents in Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Education tracking databases (e.g., LearnSource)
- Understanding of the Optum HouseCalls business structures and strategies
- Adult learning theory and / or instructional design concepts learned through work experience or education (knowledge of the ADDIE model of instructional design)
- Experience using WebEx or similar distance-learning tool
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Trainer Associate, St Louis, Maryland Heights, MO, Missouri