This isn't HR. This is Human Capital at UnitedHealth Group. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Please move this headcount to requisition Positions in this function are primarily responsible for the effective delivery of training programs across the organization. Keeps abreast of various training delivery techniques, business processes, products and systems. May also be involved in the design process. Positions delivering operations specific training, such as Claims or Customer Service, are in the Training Delivery- Operational function.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of facilitation best practices (e.g., ASTD, gOEbase, ASQ)
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business structures and strategies (e.g., business segments, Benefits vs. Services, interrelationships)
- Conduct appropriate preparation to ensure full understanding of training content and objectives prior to delivery (e.g., train-the-trainer, facilitator guide, real-world examples, rehearsal)
- Collaborate with appropriate resources (e.g., instructional designers, business partners, SMEs, business leadership) to facilitate development of appropriate learning objectives and curricula
- Set appropriate expectations for all applicable stakeholders (e.g., business leaders, learners, Training) to ensure ongoing support and achievement of learning objectives
- Identify, understand and prepare the appropriate training technology to ensure effective learning (e.g., WebEx, Knowledge
- Management Systems, ULearn, Knowlagent)
- Leverage Subject Matter Experts as needed to ensure that appropriate learning content is accurate and current
- Review the established facilitation approach and verify that it meets the learning styles and needs of the audience
- Ensure that the logistics of the learning environment are completed and in place (e.g., rosters, technology, room arrangements/configuration, learning materials)
- Obtain/confirm required licenses/copyright approvals for training materials, as needed
- Obtain knowledge of applicable emergency procedures at the learning site (e.g., inclement weather protocols, medical emergencies, building evacuation procedures)
- Conduct train-the-trainer activities to prepare others for effective facilitation, including providing appropriate context/direction (e.g., vendors, consultants, colleagues) to prepare them to facilitate
Ability to support provider install and contract configuration for IKA and Intellisoft systems
Ability to facilitate new hire training, on-going focused training, and serve as a resources for process flow/improvement to support Contract Services department
- Knowledge of IKA and Intellisoft Systems
- Experience facilitating new hire trainings
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Trainer, San Antonio, TX, Texas