Primary Location: CA-CARancho Cucamonga-9166 Anaheim Pl
The Training Manager is responsible to design, develop, implement and conduct training programs in support of program operations, as well as facilitates and delivers instruction using multiple modalities. The Training Manager will oversee training staff within the State.
Description Job Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Develops and maintains course curriculum
- Identifies specific skill/knowledge gaps, training objectives, work situation and changes in policy and procedures.
- Collaborates with other internal training experts and HR on training program delivery
- Designs, creates and updates training aids, such as manuals, handouts, course exercise and visual aids
- Develops and implements revisions to training materials and presentations in adherence to additions/updates of regulations , licensing requirements, policies and procedures as needed
- Ensures appropriate delivery of instruction using multiple modalities including but not limited to: one-on-one, classroom, teleconferencing, web-based training, and computer based training
- Utilizes online ‘e-learning’ development tools such as Adobe Captivate, Powerpoint presentations, and video production and editing
- Directs and manages the training related staff within the program
- Includes managing workflow, guidance and support
- Makes recommendations and/or decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational and industrial trends and makes appropriate recommendations for new or updated training programs
- Provides recommendations for the formulations and modification of procedures and practices pertaining to agency training
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Directs and manages the staff members including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations and/or decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities.
What we ask of you:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- More than 6 years of related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas and responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements
- Experience in facilitating training required
- Experience in curriculum development required
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Professional Training Certification preferred or as required by state/regulations
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience with online ‘e-learning’ development tools such as Adobe Captivate
- Experience in video production and video editing
- Master level skills with Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Travel as needed
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- A dynamic, growing work environment
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network
Bring your experience and skills to make a positive impact with the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. When you join the Network, you will have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to children, adults and seniors with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!