Primary Location: Choose One-United States-CA
Function:Training Education Services
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Trainer Specialist with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. We seek a skilled trainer who can successfully develop and present training materials to new and current staff. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have teaching or training experience and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
· Develops and maintains course curriculum; designs, creates and updates training aids, such as manuals, handouts, course exercises and visual aids
· Consults with management and staff to identify specific skill/knowledge gaps, training objectives, work situations and changes in policies and procedures
· Delivers instruction using multiple modalities including but not limited to: one-on-one, classroom, teleconferencing, web-based training, and computer-based training
· Partners with management, internal training, consultants, QI and HR to identify additional training needs, as required for new and current staff
· Evaluates training curriculum and elicits feedback; modifies programs as needed
· Prepares and facilitates client-specific and clinical type training in addition to new hire orientation, CPR, First Aid administration and additional on-boarding activities
· Provides input regarding the formulation and modification of policies and procedures pertaining to agency training
· Maintains current service line specific knowledge as well as organizational and industrial trends; makes appropriate recommendations for new or updated training programs
If you have training experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
· Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Experience working in Human Services field with client population highly desirable
· Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work; requires independent judgment
· Excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills.
· Knowledge of office equipment operations, basic data collection, standard office automation software; and purchasing procedures.
· Proficient in use of the following software: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
· Valid driver’s license
· Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
· Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
· A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
· Annual bonus plan
· A rewarding work environment
· Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
· Time Off & Holiday Pay
· Family-oriented environment, casual dress
· Employee discounts; fun employee events
· Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
· On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
· Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
· Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Three years of related experience required