This isn't HR. This is Human Capital at UnitedHealth Group. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is for a Trainer supporting the Optum Shared Services - Transactions organization focusing on Claims Operations. Chief responsibilities of this position will be to deliver the training curriculum needed to support the business units serviced. The person will deliver process, procedure and systems training for multiple claim platforms and ancillary systems associated with Optum or its clients through the UHG cultural / values lens. May also deliver soft skills training.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The candidate will work closely with the Operational Teams to identify training opportunities and implement strategies to conduct that training and make the staff more efficient. Additionally, they will network across other areas of Optum Shared Services - Transactions Training to broaden their knowledge base and expand the training offering.
- Training Delivery
- Conduct training for newly hired operational team members on core systems, processes, and applications
- Provide training on culture and values aligned with Our United Culture
- Deliver training using multiple mediums - classroom, webinar, blended learning approaches
- Deliver continuing education, up skill, and performance improvement training as necessary
- Provide feedback on trainee performance in the classroom to Operational Leaders
Training Preparation, Development, and Follow Up
- Secure room / facility resources as necessary to provide for successful training
- Provide feedback to trainees and Operations Managers regarding class progress, areas of strength and areas of improvement
- May enroll and grant credit in Learning Management System for courses administered
- Maintain expertise as needed in functional areas supported
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years of experience independently leading classroom training that spans multiple weeks at a time
- Experience in systems training
- Experience in project management and project deployment
- Travel up to 25% of assignment
- Experience using adult learning principles e.g. ADDIE and Kirkpatrick
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Training Specialist, Duluth, MN, Minnesota