The Training Specialist- Instructional Design is the person behind the scenes collaborating with subject matter experts to develop educational solutions to enhance the Lucky’s Market training journey. Working with the brightest minds in the company, Training Specialists-Instructional Design are creating modules and programs to make the learning experience seamless. Online learning, in class trainings and one-on-one experience are some of the ways we educate our Team Members and Managers at Lucky’s Market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a leader of Lucky’s Market culture. Inspire others to celebrate food, eat a little healthier, become more connected to the community, and laugh while pushing grocery carts.
- Create fun, interactive, participatory learning materials. No one ever said you can’t learn and laugh at the same time (if they did, they didn’t work at Lucky’s Market).
- Make learning accessible- if a Team Member wants to learn something new you are here to guide them.
- Conduct needs assessments and design programs.
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Prepare, deliver and follow up on trainings, company rollouts of new programs and MIT’s out in the field.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 years in a training/instructional role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Articulate & Cornerstone a plus.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts.
- Strong editing and written storytelling skills.
- Previous experience creating training materials with knowledge of learning theories.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills.
- Organization equals success. Being able to juggle many tasks at once is a must.
- Ability to navigate LMS system and keep up-to-date as programs change.
- Must be able to inspire others and challenge the status quo, because we love thinking differently and encourage others to do the same.
- Must believe in celebrating a diverse workplace.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This is a fast-paced environment for those self-directed, hardworking, passionate souls that believe knowledge and advancement is a life long journey.
- Sitting, standing and cheering for extended periods of time.
- Unassisted lifting of objects in excess of 30 pounds.
- Use of miscellaneous office equipment.
- Physical and mental dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to travel up to 70% depending upon store needs and your location.
- This is a Colorado-based position.