Training Specialist, NJ Statewide
Primary Location: Choose One-United States-NJ
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
New Jersey MENTOR
OUR MISSION AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
REM, NJ a partner of The MENTOR Network, is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission.SUMMARY
Designs, develops, implements and conducts training programs in support of field operations. Uses independent judgment to determine appropriate modalities to apply to training. May oversee, evaluate and coordinate the work of other training staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Identifies training needs and develops/implements training programs to address those needs. Conducts regular reviews of program operations to assure training programs are in compliance with established standards, licensing requirements and internal operating practices.
- Delivers instruction using multiple modalities including but not limited to: one-on-one, classroom, teleconferencing, web-based training, and computer-based training. Collaborates with other internal training experts and HR on training program delivery.
- Creates and assists with implementation of changes to training in adherence to additions/updates of regulations as needed.
· Monitors, evaluates and records training activities and program effectiveness. Ensures ongoing feedback of training programs and modifies programs as needed.
- Participates in team meetings, staff meetings and program office meetings.
· Ensures that the agency’s training curriculum for CPR, medication administration, and first aid, for example, meets local, state and/or federal training requirements.
· Evaluates and assists with the design of training materials such as manuals, handouts, course exercises and visual aids. Maintains training materials that are contemporary with licensing requirements, policies and procedures, and accepted medical practices.
· Confers with management and staff to identify specific skill/knowledge gaps, training objectives, work situations and changes in policies and procedures.
· Confers with management, internal training consultants and HR to identify additional training needs, as required for new staff.
· Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- CPR/ FA Trainer preferred
- CPI Trainer preferred
- CDS (College of Direct Support) Administrator preferred
- Road Warrior- Travel required throughout state- 75-80%
- Access to Mt. Laurel office, Somerset office and all group homes, including day programs as needed for training.
· Light work. Exerting up to 20-30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.