At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
The Training Support Specialist will provide initial education and training to providers and practitioners to perform services for LHI, to include conveyance of federal regulations and contractual requirements. Triage and escalate clinical issues or questions to medical staff within the department as appropriate.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post - offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
- Provide initial education and training for provider contacts and medical practitioners telephonically and / or electronically in regard to: examinee and provider responsibilities, electronic or paper document completion, service requirements and Provider Portal navigation
- Determine the need for refresher training based on analysis of prior practitioner / provider training, recent appointment history and any noted issues and / or errors and escalate to Medical Provider Education (MPE) Specialist
- Assign appropriate training codes to provider contacts and practitioners, when applicable
- Determine need for corrective training based on analysis of check - listing reports per contract supported by network provider as well as via issues identified by interdepartmental communications
- Route tasks to Specialist and Nurse Educator personnel for follow - up as appropriate
- Answer MPE department queue line calls
- Assist with non - clinical questions regarding exams and services, training completion and portal navigation
- Escalate calls regarding clinical issues / concerns or complex issues to the appropriate internal or external department staff
- Provide assistance on retrieval of missing or incomplete components or documentation
- Monitor department reports and assign follow-up when appropriate
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in an office setting - customer service, administrative support and / or training support
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Excel (general navigation, data entry and sorting data in columns), Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- CAC (Common Access Card) or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time (on location group events based on business needs)
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in business or medical field, training / education, or customer service capacity
- MedNet or other healthcare data base systems
- Vocational or Technical Training / Education in a Medical related field
- Effective editing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of medical and dental terminology
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Knowledge / experience with adult learning principles
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Analytical thinking and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi - task, meet tight deadlines and problem solve in a fast - paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Must possess high level of verbal and written communication skills, including customer service skills
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective
health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in
impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth,
part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help
the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the
beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in
Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a
national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put,
together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are
selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means
one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:
UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace.
Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: LHI, Training Support, Training Coordinator, Customer Service, Administrative Support, La Crosse, WI