Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
This position exists to triage escalated issues related to funding, contribution corrections and the associated tax implications, account closures and transfers, and contribution funds held in suspense while complying with federal regulations and safeguarding the financial infrastructure of the Bank. This position will triage and work to resolve initial escalated contribution related exceptions and errors by utilizing an in depth understanding and knowledge of HSAs and Bank systems. The role will also provide the initial research needed for complex items that require further escalation for resolution by the 'Tier 2' role.
Initial triage and response to escalated issues with external and internal customers, representing over 18,000 employers and over 1,800,000 account holders while complying with federal regulations.Process and allocate inbound ACHs and wires totaling nearly three million dollars per day in deposit transactions from employer groups representing over 1,800,000 account holders. Will provide support and guidance to existing and potential customers to ensure continued membership. Often times the communication with employer groups will be with senior level accounting and/or human resource personnel while internal communication will require complex problem solving with clear messaging.This position will require you to balance the requests of customers and internal policies using facts, established procedures, and pertinent data. In total this team monitors and responds to over a million transactions monthly.Promptness, reliability and accuracy in work, especially when dealing with deposit transactions, can directly affect the customer’s image of and confidence in Optum Bank.
- High School diploma/GED or higher
- 2+ years of Banking, Financial Transactions, or Insurance industry experience
- 6+ months of experience working with Health Savings Accounts
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient with computer data entry; keyboarding and ten-key.
- Some College or higher
- Basic understanding of federal banking regulations as they relate to Checks and ACHs
- Accuracy and efficiency - Detail oriented and thinks analytically; organized, highly disciplined and dependable. Extremely accurate when processing detailed tasks under stressful situations while meeting deadlines. Capable of analyzing, investigating, and making logical decisions regarding fund allocation and problem resolution.
- Work Ethic - Is productive, diligent, timely, loyal, and abides by rules, regulations and procedures established by the business. Self motivated, comfortable working independently, and can multi-task, sort, organize, and prioritize work with minimal oversight.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of tasks, performance standards, and mistakes. Maintains necessary attention to detail to achieve high level performance.
- Communication Skills - Receives, attends to, interprets, and responds to verbal or written messages and expresses information to individuals or customers effectively.
- Attentive - Anticipate customer needs and proactively identify solutions so as to deliver extraordinary customer care.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Health Savings Account, Customer Service, Telephonic, Benefits, Advocacy, Banking, ACH, Financial Transactions.