DescriptionTitle: SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN
Assignment: Transcend Insights
Location: San Diego, CA or Campbell, CA
Transcend Insights®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc., is redefining how population health is managed, measured and implemented by providing The Platform for Population Wellness. Our HealthLogix™ technology platform and unified solution suite helps health systems care teams and patients transition from episodic to proactive care for long-term wellness. By providing solutions and insights that support a more proactive, person-centric approach to care, we are powering a better care experience, giving people the freedom to make confident decisions, and helping to empower care teams, not tools, to improve the health and long-term wellness of populations. Transcend Insights offers world-class support and resources to provide a professional and enjoyable working environment.
Summary of Duties
Our internship program is immersive, and you will be directly working on software development teams learning and helping in designing, modifying, developing, writing, and implementing software applications. The work will also support the testing, validation, configuration and installation of software applications. The right candidate for our internship will be expected to have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development process and will rely on mentorship, instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. A good candidate should feel comfortable being mentored by more experienced members of the team and should be a strong team player and excellent communicator.
• Have an interest in pursuing the IT profession as a career
• Must be a full-time student (3- 6 minimum credit hours) pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree related to the technology field (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Information Science, or any related field)
• Must be graduating in August 2019 or beyond and no sooner in order to work as a summer intern for 2019
• Knowledge and understanding of current information and software development technologies and concepts
• Be readily available to work during the summer of 2019 (May/June to August) as an intern in the San Diego, CA or Campbell, CA areas.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team environment, and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
• Ability and desire to quickly learn new concepts and technical skills
• Previous internship and/or work experience a plus
• Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Be actively involved on-campus and/or in the community with verifiable extracurricular activities and/or clubs
• Strong interest in the Healthcare industry with a passion for helping others
Scheduled Weekly Hours40