Job ID 39197
Position Location US-FL-Port Charlotte
Facility Name Port Charlotte, Consulate Health Care of
Job Category Transportation
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Shift afternoons and weekends
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing health care providers at our dynamic facility located in Port Charlotte, Florida. ( MUST BE CNA CERTIFIED)
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference. A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of the Transportation Aide is to drive facility vehicle to transport residents, staff and volunteers to desired destinations. Provides assistance/escort for residents to and from rehabilitation treatments. As a Consulate Health Care Transportation Aide you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review daily rehabilitation schedule and be available, as indicated.
- Provide minimal assist of residents transferring to and from wheelchairs.
- Assist nursing and rehabilitation personnel with transfers to and from vehicle.
- Transport residents to and from rehabilitation area for scheduled appointments.
- Operate elevators, as needed.
- Inform nursing and rehabilitation staff of any incidents/problems.
- Maintain positive, professional interaction with residents and staff.
- Attend in-service training sessions, as required.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Embrace the Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with co-workers, residents, families and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must posses a CNA/Certified Nurses Aide certification
- Valid, unencumbered state driver’s license. Chauffeur’s driver’s license preferred.
- Transportation/LTC experience preferred. Must have the physical ability to transfer residents and propel wheelchairs.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients