BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for supporting the movement of merchandise throughout the supply chain between vendors, DC’s and clubs. This position coordinates the planning, scheduling, load tendering, operational processes, delivery execution and service level monitoring with contracted logistics providers. Responsible for maintaining and working effectively with the transportation system tools along with providing efficient data management and analytical solutions for day-to-day business as well as on-going projects.
- Serve as the primary support contact between vendors, transportation providers, distribution centers and clubs to coordinate inbound and outbound shipments.
- Establish and monitor departmental reporting and key performance indicators (KPI’s) around carrier and logistics provider service levels, costs and efficiencies. Recommend adjustments to carriers, modes, schedules and backhaul opportunities to improve overall costs within transportation.
- Maintain, administer and effectively work within logistics systems (TMS, SAP and WMS) to drive improvements in operations, costs controls and reporting.
- Identify areas of opportunities to improve and support the evaluation of potential transportation service providers by preparing scope documents, analyzing rate proposals, evaluating service capabilities and making recommendations
- Assist in the completion of complex and multi-functional projects within supply chain and logistics as assigned, projects include season surge planning, new business opportunities, RFP’s and system enhancement projects.
- College degree preferred or working towards a degree
- Domestic Transportation experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and TMS skillset
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal management and external vendors/carriers
- Experience working with external providers, understanding of carriers, modes and rates
- Ability to perform detailed analysis within excel, effectively communicate data findings and make recommendations to senior management. Experience with RFP’s desired.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.