Primary Location: MD-MDRockville-400 E Gude Dr
Adult Day Health Inc
The Transportation Coordinator maintains the day-to-day operations of the small transportation department to ensure safe transport of participants and is responsible for coordinating and scheduling transportation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the operation of the transportation department.
- Responsible for transportation services budget including fuel expenditures
- Responsible for adherence to DOT requirements including, licensing registrations and inspections.
- Maintain the van fleet
- Select vendors for servicing, repairs and general maintenance
- Supervise a team of drivers
- Provide necessary staff development and training to drivers to ensure transportation needs and requirements are met.
- Provide feedback and direction to ensure quality customer service and safety requirements are met
- Manage transportation of clients to and from the facility
- Responsible for employee schedules for coverage, and client schedules for pick up and drop off
- Plan daily and weekly routes, appointment schedules, and coordinate transport for field trips.
- Assist with transportation of participants as needed
- Maintaining Quality Care
- Recognize signs and symptoms of abuse/neglect and follow reporting protocol
- Understand “Patients Rights and Responsibilities” and serve as an advocate for individuals being served.
- Perform assigned duties related to participants’ care needs
- Comply with policies and procedures, regulatory, and legal requirements of practice.
- Document in an accurate, legible, and concise manner.
- Exhibit professional demeanor in dress and behavior; adhere to dress code.
- Attend in-services and related educational programs each year.
- Assist in other areas of the program including activity, food service, and other duties as assigned.
Supervise assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation and training. Make recommendations or decisions regarding employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations and similar actions. Resolve personnel problems within position responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience with elderly or individuals with disabilities preferred, ideally within recreational or driving related role.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required
- Compassionate approach
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Successful clearance of CORI background Checks, Drug & Alcohol Screening, Driver safety training
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Physical in the past 12 months, and Annual TB Test
- Full compensation/benefits package, including Paid Time Off and Holiday pay, for those working over 30 hours per week
- 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training with access to jobs throughout our nation-wide Network
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!