First Student is a leader in transportation of children K-12. As the largest provider of student transportation in North America, First Student is more than twice the size of the next largest competitor. Industry-leading safety programs, strong customer relationships and service record are the key differentiators.
At First Student, the purpose of the Transportation Manager IN TRAINING is to manage location operations and provide staff oversight. This individual will represent First Student with school administrators for all communications, excluding contract negotiations. They will directly supervise the staff and manage efficient performance for the location.
Transportation Manager IN TRAINING Responsibilities:
- Manages operational expenses to optimize all cost per bus.
- Explains budget variances.
- Maximizes all charter revenue.
- Manages injury and collision claims.
- Ensures FS safety practices and applicable regulations are obeyed by all employees.
- Ensures facilities and buses are maintained to FS safety and applicable regulatory standards, including environmental standards, i.e., idling time.
- Sets accurate scheduled hours for routes.
- Minimizes route drive times and mileage while adhering to contractual and regulatory mandates.
- Tracks and addresses labor variances.
- Efficiently uses stand-by drivers.
- Minimizes driver labor schedule.
- Provides accurate timely operational and financial reporting as requested by AGM and/or finance.
- Ensures purchases (including parts) follow company processes and policies.
- Drives employee engagement and recognition.
Transportation Manager IN TRAINING Experience and Skills Required:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience
- Operational or Logistics experience preferred
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with clients.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Strong business background in financial, strategic, and organizational analysis.
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.