Join the First Transit team as a Planner. A Planner shall be responsible for transit planning working performed in other disciplines such as transportation, land use, zoning, community development, development order review, emergency management, and geospatial sciences. First Transit General Managers are committed to safety, customer service and have hands experience in all areas of the transportation business.
NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business within First Transit.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefit package, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401 (k) savings plan
- A great work environment
Zoning Planner major responsibilities:
- Establish methodology and utilizes existing procedures for compilation of transit related data to be utilized in reporting for internal county use and external private and public entities.
- Compiles, analyzes, and maintains transit system performance measure statistics; such as but not limited to, route hours and miles, passenger trips, and relational analysis between data sets.
- Provides monthly and annual transit performance measure reports to various internal and external entities.
- Maintains inventory of passenger amenities.
- Adds new route configurations, adjustments to bus route timing, and reviewing of transit service requests
- Determines of travel accessibility based on location analysis of fixed route assets
- Updates and maintains database for client and company
- Reviews required documentation
Zoning Planner Requirements:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or bachelor’s degree in planning or related field that is applicable to the area of specialization
- Two years of professional experience in a government agency or private firm doing work in a city, county, regional, state planning, or environmental review is required.
- Proven record of handling multiple responsibilities
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer