Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Transportation Specialist serves as a frontline resource for the UHC Community Plan in Louisiana to ensure all their varied needs are met. The Transportation Specialist will work in collaboration with several departments, including client services, operations, and training and development, to ensure a positive transportation experience for all UHC LA members with a focus on facilitating the ongoing administration of authorization queue, ensuring a high touch experience and ongoing monitoring for LA members requiring travel, meal and lodging coverage for health care services. In addition, the role may assist with coverage for provider and facilities calls to National MedTrans to ensure high levels of service to the Louisiana market.
- Acts as a liaison with the LA plan in successful administration of the authorization queue and appropriate review and authorization for needed trips
- Assists in the development of training for payer needs
- Evaluates operational resources to make sure they are acting on payer needs and training directives
- Participates in calls with the C&S health plan regarding travel, meals and lodging coverage and any needed prior authorization based on business rules
- Support Call Center team as needed and as workload allows
- Monitor and drive travel experience and measurement for UHC LA
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- High School Diploma or GED or higher
- 2+ years Customer Service experience
- Ability to analyze and resolve customer service issues
- Experience using a computer, the internet, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) to create, copy, edit, send, and save documents
- Type 30+ WPM
- 1+ year of Team Lead or Supervisory experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth, UHG, Transportation, Specialist, Baton Rouge, Louisiana