At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo's Corporate Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with proven data management, business analysis, and sharp analytical skills to leverage in the areas of interest rate risk (IRR) management, balance sheet dynamics, and economic analysis.
The Corporate ALM Group performs quantitative analysis of the company balance sheet behavior and has a primary responsibility to measure its risk and design risk management strategies. Data is sourced from across internal and external sources, ensuring that data quality standards are met and that sourcing and documentation are compliant with Governance & Oversight Framework. Analytical modeling tools are used to plan and forecast using this data to provide management with insight concerning changes in the company’s risk profile. In addition, team members also oversee the IRR simulation models of the company's major business lines and contribute to the generation of risk management strategies.
Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, sound critical thinking, outstanding analytical skills, excellent intra and inter team communication, and solid problem-solving capabilities are required.
Responsibilities will include:
• Analyze end to end data flow from the SOR (System of Records) to the end usage of data. This includes consulting with partners to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into complex analysis designs and recommendations
• Identify and recommend internal and external data sources, compile/mine data from multiple, cross business sources; recommend and participate in the development of complex analysis designs using statistical and/or financial analysis, predictive modeling, process documentation, comparative analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc
• Business analysis for spot and forecast calculations for Funds Transfer Pricing, relevant assumptions and modeling.
• Query SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata and other databases to extract, understand and profile the data. Data involved may be very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
• Work closely with technology team and provide recommendations where needed for creating and maintaining a data mart to be used for analytical modeling.
• Write requirements for analytical modeling use cases for creating a data mart.
• Support Compliance with evolving internal data integrity standards and reporting requirements as well as regulatory expectations
• Own and document end to end data transformation, extraction, staging and loading process
• Analyze systems of record data for information relevant to model assumptions and suggesting changes justified by data
• Ensure adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
• To a certain degree, may assist indirectly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or data visualization.
• Partner with QRM Operations and Balance Sheet Analysis functions within Corporate ALM to meet objectives
• Provide coaching/mentoring to less experienced team members.
• Make suggestions to improve data quality control and efficiency throughout this process and write detailed business requirements to achieve these suggestions.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or comparable professional designation
- Ability to deliver multiple concurrent projects or large scale individual projects
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of asset liability or liquidity management software, especially QRM
- Knowledge and understanding of Essbase Finance tools for client reporting and analysis
• Excellent data analysis skills including experience with SQL Server, Oracle or similar relational database platforms.
• Proficiency in writing business requirements, STM mappings, use case diagrams, and data flow diagrams.
• Detail oriented, accurate, organized, excellent judgment and communication
• Ability to work in a team based environment, prioritize tasks, fast learner, superior customer service, and take on new challenges is crucial
• Superior quantitative, leadership and critical thinking skills
• Significant experience reporting and analysis of large datasets including data mining and profiling.
• Experience in analyzing/designing ETL workflows in a multi-system environment.
• Ability to thrive in fast changing business and regulatory priorities and changing project timelines
• Knowledge of Funds Transfer Pricing methodology
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
• Knowledge of financial institution balance sheet fundamentals, product offerings, and IRR practices
• Knowledge of Wells Fargo's balance sheet/product offerings
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.