At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Enterprise Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy.
Enterprise Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
This senior level Financial Consultant positon is part of the Liquidity Risk Management Group in Corporate Treasury. The Liquidity Risk Management Group is responsible for analysis and management of liquidity risk and all related reporting to WFC Senior Management, the Board of Directors and Regulators. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo’s balance sheet and add value to the company’s risk management practices.
Liquidity management for the firm has become much more complex and regulatory expectations have increased. WFC Treasury is in the midst of a large series of projects designed to increase our liquidity management MIS, stress testing, reporting, and forecasting capabilities.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with significant financial services industry, accounting/ reporting and/or risk management experience to support enterprise wide liquidity analysis, primarily covering derivatives and/or fixed income trading and funding products. She/he will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges.
Key elements of this position include:
- Acting as a liaison between subject matter experts (SMEs) and various LRM, Corporate Treasury and other internal partners related to ongoing initiatives around reporting and reconciliations for derivatives and/or trading and funding products.
- Providing analysis and research in support of SME team’s and LRM management’s decision-making for above mentioned initiatives derivatives and/or trading and funding products.
- Researching and enhancing accuracy, reliability and completeness of data supporting liquidity risk management processes across the firm. Assisting in the remediation efforts of various data limitations within the SME team’s area of responsibility.
- Identifying and implementing solutions related to complex liquidity issues and contributing to on-going strategic decisions within Treasury and company-wide.
- Collaborating with various business lines to gain a better understanding of their products (new and existing), processes and related reporting data to support SME areas mentioned above.
- Preparation of additional ad-hoc analyses/presentations and completing special projects within tight deadlines.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the data used in reporting, reconciliations, and assisting the SME team’s implementation efforts from initiation through completion.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry associated regulatory standards and agencies
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry front office trading, liquidity management, and risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of treasury management industry: asset liability management (ALM), liquidity management, and stress testing
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): all phases and types of testing
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including high level of proficiency in modeling
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- SQL experience
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.