At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Collateral Management Unit is part of Corporate Treasury within Wells Fargo Corporate Finance and is charged with analyzing enterprise collateral reporting to help design and execute processes to optimize collateral to improve firm-wide financial metrics.
The Treasury Finance Manager position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo’s balance sheet and add value to the company’s risk management practices.
Responsibilities are varied, but typically include:
• Analyzing Daily Enterprise Collateral reporting to identify opportunities to maximize collateral for the Firm and ensure compliance with Collateral Policies
• Understanding collateral utilization under all products (Derivatives, Repo, Securities Lending, Deposits, Loans, etc.) and identifying opportunities to optimize collateral both within and across legal entities on behalf of the Firm
• Perform and/or coordinate ad-hoc analyses to support Collateral Optimization opportunities
• Championing collateral optimization projects for the Firm
• Partner with other areas to improve collateral management, including impacting how collateral is priced internally and used to mitigate risk
• Assisting in producing and presenting ideas to senior management as well as updates to regulatory bodies
• Working with line of business collateral management team members to facilitate required reporting and analysis
• Perform and/or coordinate additional ad-hoc analyses to support Collateral Optimization
• Perform special projects with tight deadlines
The ideal candidate will have a background at a top tier Investment Bank or from a Management Consulting Firm with exposure to the Capital Markets including both collateral and securitization as a funding product. They will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail and critical thinking skills. They will possess excellent collaboration and organization skills, with the proven ability to develop cross-functional relationships and the capability to manage to deadlines. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges. She/he will have strong communication and presentation skills and is adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously, each with a tight deadline.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- 2+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Knowledge and understanding of the treasury management industry: Collateral and Collateral optimization, liquidity management, and regulatory impacts (LCR, RWA, NSFR, etc.)
• Knowledge and understanding of the treasury management industry: Collateral and Collateral Optimization, stress testing, liquidity management
• Capital Markets background including Derivatives, and/or Unsecured funding markets, with knowledge of securitization
• Financial analysis or accounting experience
• Advanced Bloomberg and Microsoft Power Point skills
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.