At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Collateral Management Unit is part of Corporate Treasury within Wells Fargo Corporate Finance and is charged with analyzing enterprise collateral reporting with the intent to drive optimization efforts as well as playing a key role in governing the Enterprises Collateral positions.
The Treasury Finance Manager position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo’s balance sheet and add value to the company’s risk management practices.
Responsibilities are varied, but typically include:
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Resolution and Recovery as well as all other Regulatory requirements for Enterprise-wide Collateral Management (e.g., SR14-1, FDIC 2017 guidance, Reg YY, etc.).
• The successful candidate will lead the firm’s efforts, in concert with partners across all lines of business and corporate functions, in developing the content of policies and procedures, ongoing implementation and maintenance of the Governance framework, and the ongoing production of the Collateral related sections of all Resolution and Recovery Plan filings and other Regulatory submissions.
• The SME will be responsible for ensuring the firm remains in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all Resolution & Recovery and other Regulatory requirements as they relate to enterprise-wide Collateral Management.
• Perform the role of Secretary to the Collateral Management Governance Sub-Committee
• Lead and develop junior resources supporting Collateral Management policies and governance
• Monthly preparation of materials for the Collateral Management Governance Sub-Committee
• Coordinate updates to the Collateral Management Policy and the Corporate Treasury Collateral Management Policy
• Ensure compliance with the Collateral Management Policy and the Corporate Treasury Collateral Management Policy
• Assisting in production of presentations for senior management as well as regulatory bodies
• Assist the Treasury Line of Business collateral lead in analyzing data
• Working with line of business collateral management team members to facilitate required reporting and analyses
• Preparation of additional ad-hoc analyses / presentations and completing special projects with tight deadlines
The ideal candidate will have a background at a top tier Investment Bank or from a Management Consulting Firm with exposure to the Capital Markets including both collateral and securitization as a funding product. They will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail and critical thinking skills. They will possess excellent collaboration and organization skills, with the proven ability to develop cross-functional relationships and the capability to manage to deadlines. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges. She/he will have strong communication and presentation skills and is adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously, each with a tight deadline.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- 2+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Knowledge and understanding of the treasury management industry: Collateral and Collateral Optimization, stress testing, liquidity management
• Capital Markets background including Derivatives, and/or Unsecured funding markets, with knowledge of securitization
• Financial analysis or accounting experience
• Advanced Bloomberg and Microsoft Power Point skills
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.