At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual with strong leadership qualities to be a key contributor to the Corporate ALM Forecasting Services function. This function will own and manage all operational activities supporting all planning and forecasting offerings from ALM. Building out the current position forms the basis for running market valuation and all forecasting activities. This function is expected to start their operations when a new current position is available for a new forecasting cycle.
The Corporate Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Group performs quantitative analysis of the company’s balance sheet behavior and has the primary responsibility of measuring risk and designing risk management strategies. Team members oversee the interest rate risk simulation model covering earnings-at-risk and economic exposures for Wells Fargo and the Company's major business lines. The primary tool used by ALM is Quantitative Risk Management (QRM).
The Treasury Finance Manager will be charged with the following responsibilities:
• Assumption collection and management of new volume, pricing, trade tickets etc.
• Management and ownership of Essbase cubes used for planning
• All QRM runs supporting Interest Rate Risk scenarios, CCAR, MCST, RRP, Balance Sheet Forecast including FTP, Fed Scenarios, Negative Rate Scenarios
• All QRM runs supporting Liquidity, COSI, Back Testing, Static Balance Sheet, 30 Year Runs for 10-K, Future Market Value, Key Rate Shock
• Any additional required Market Value Runs for additional Shocks, One Path, Diagnostic Shock, MTM Spread and Prepayment Shock,
• Testing and Sensitivity runs for Yield Curve, Market Value Beta Sensitivity, Deposit Sensitivity
• All runs supporting the Investment Portfolio(IP) group – Daily Investments, MV OCI, FMV OCI, MBS Pricing, Tax lot Id runs
• Participate and sign off on technical design artifacts for all new projects or enhancements involving forecasting
• In all operational matters related to forecasting, act as point person and Liaison for data governance, data quality and standards with CMoR(Corporate Model Risk), ALM Risk(ALM Risk oversight), DMI(Data Management and Insights), EC&O(Enterprise Controls and Oversights), WFAS (Wells Fargo Audit Services) and Regulators.
• Proactively identify opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness. Eliminate manually entered assumptions through sourcing of new data where possible, look for opportunities to minimize waste (Lean) and Reduce errors by simplifying and automating (Six Sigma).
• Own and manage process and control documentation, metrics and interactions with oversight groups
• Work with technology and upstream partners ensuring Forecasting Services requirements are met at all times and stay informed of any potential issues/changes.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- 2+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Knowledge and understanding of treasury management industry: asset liability management (ALM), liquidity management, and stress testing
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Strong financial modeling skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience
- Knowledge and understanding of asset liability or liquidity management software, especially QRM
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• 5+ years in an environment involving QRM platform
• Ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts/relationships, including executive/senior-level managers
• Strong knowledge of corporate finance, capital markets and financial instruments
• Knowledge of ALM models, ALM Model and Risks, policies and guidelines and risk data aggregation methodologies for reporting and decision support
• Knowledge of data integrity management efforts in Corporate Finance/Treasury or other lines of businesses
• Experience with enterprise initiatives supporting regulatory mandates
• Process re-engineering background especially using Six-Sigma or Lean
• Strong proponent of governance and controls
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.