At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you’ll find that opportunity. You’ll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Corporate ALM Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with sharp quantitative and analytical skills, demonstrated attention to detail, sound critical thinking, and solid problem-solving capabilities. Team members oversee the interest rate risk models of the company's major business lines, provide management with insight concerning changes that they see in the risk profile, and contribute to the generation of risk management strategies.
This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo's balance sheet and learn in a collegial atmosphere from one of the best ALM teams in the industry. Your contribution will have a direct and highly visible impact in strengthening interest rate risk measurement and management practices.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop, implement, policies and processes related to ALM, stress testing, capital, liquidity for strong risk management
- Develop recommendations for stronger models, methods, benchmarks for interest rate risk measurement and to develop, support and monitor assumptions and limitations in our methods and processes that require understanding of finance, math, banking, and risk management
- Build relationships and strong communication lines with all levels of leadership across consumer and wholesale businesses, capital markets, modeling and balance sheet teams, and risk management and oversight teams for strong risk management
- Facilitate project management on ALM risk governance processes, including develop project plans, monitor project progress, identify key risks, and document all aspects of the project
- Develop, enhance, maintain technical documentation, desktop procedures, reporting for strong risk management
- Provide analytical support for projects within ALM as necessary
Locations posted preferred, may consider other locationsRequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- 8+ years of model governance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of treasury management industry: asset liability management (ALM), liquidity management, and stress testing
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in: statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Strong writing skills to document models, methods, tools and processes
- Experience developing, understanding and analyzing statistical, financial, and interest rate models/tools/processes
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of risk management, reporting and analytics in banking and finance
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.