At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Liquidity Risk Management (LRM) Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with significant experience in balance sheet and financial product analysis to support enterprise wide liquidity analysis. The LRM group is part of Corporate Treasury within Wells Fargo Corporate Finance and is responsible for analysis and management of liquidity risk across the enterprise and all related reporting to WFC Senior Management and the Board of Directors. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo’s balance sheet and add value to the company’s risk management practices.
Key aspects of liquidity analysis include demonstrated knowledge and understanding of:
The nature and timing of cash flows from all of WFC's assets and liabilities (including off-balance sheet items) and comprehensive stress testing of those cash flows.
Market conditions for funding and/or asset markets in which WFC may participate.
Funding concentrations among customers, industries or products.
Legal entity balance sheets and jurisdictional boundaries or other impediments preventing the transferability of liquidity in stress scenarios.
Key responsibilities include:
• Providing complex financial analysis and reporting in support of management decision-making for consolidated liquidity planning.
• Acting as technical expert on highly complex quantitative analyses; especially as it relates to the Deposits and Debt products.
• Representing LRM group starting from (and continuing after) the development phases of new business and product areas, and effectively communicating current and future reporting requirements to related business partners that would result in comprehensive and timely coverage of relevant, critical data for liquidity reporting purposes.
• Performing ongoing stress testing and ad hoc scenario analysis to quantify risk exposures.
Other duties may include: developing and evaluating solutions to a wide range of highly complex financial problems; identifying, analyzing and reporting on financial impact of proposed strategic business initiatives; developing, designing, implementing and modifying complex financial models for business analysis; creating and implementing financial reporting systems; anticipating issues based on knowledge of business trends and proposing direction and solutions; developing tools and templates used for risk analysis at both the corporate and business unit level; serving as expert consultant to senior management on highly complex financial issues involving liquidity management; and providing direction or guidance to less experienced staff.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- A Master's degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 8+ years experience in finance / treasury / capital markets with a bank or other financial services firm with demonstrated working knowledge of financial institution balance sheets and financial markets and products
- Direct experience in financial modeling and application of models to large amounts of data with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through oral and written communication skills including presentations to management on highly technical and complex subjects
- Direct experience managing processes to collect, refine and report data on a periodic schedule to senior management
- Experience working with large amounts of data/databases and SQL coding
- Broad understanding of Bank Wholesale Broker Dealer businesses and products, specifically in Derivatives and/or FX products
- Experience evaluating interest rate and/or liquidity risk at a large financial institution
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo's balance sheet/product offerings
- Direct experience in building IT solutions for managing large amounts of data
- Hyperion Essbase and/or Oracle OBIEE experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.