Job Description About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,200 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation
PVSI brings together the Company’s payments platforms, digital capabilities, as well as online, mobile, and phone channels and innovation teams. It has six major business units, including: Cards and Retail Services; Deposit Products Group; Digital Innovation Channels; Operations; Treasury, Merchant, and Payment Solutions; and Contact Center. It also invests in research and development and strategic partnerships to design and build next generation products and customers.
The Roles with Treasury Merchant & Payment Solutions Control
These newly created positions within the PVSI Control organization support the Treasury Merchant & Payment Solutions business. These senior leaders will be responsible for designing, executing, and monitoring a front line risk and control program for specific Treasury Merchant & Payment solutions Control processes and products. The candidates will oversee teams responsible for the identification, assessment, monitoring, and management of non-financial risks related to business activities, products, processes and controls. The role will provide business executives with an aggregate view of risks for their respective business processes, as well as assurance of the effectiveness and sustainability of the controls established, including risk assessment, reporting, monitoring and escalation of process and control related issues.
These roles require the following skills:
- Skillful interaction across multiple senior manager roles in both the Treasury, Merchant & Payment Solutions business as well as with other newly created PVSI Control Risk & Support roles.
- Proactive assessment and documentation of the business process risks, controls and any associated control gaps related to all non-financial risk including compliance, operational, model, reputational, and strategic.
- End to end collaboration and leadership of process based risk & control assessments, integrating product lifecycle management, product design and development, sales execution, implementation and servicing delivery and operational & technology execution.
- Integration of issues and control breaks to business processes in order to drive an aggregate view of process risks for the PVSI organization.
- Transformation and change management skills to transition legacy risk and support activities to newly dedicated PVSI control teams to drive a shift in focus to business specific process and controls. The Business Unit Risk and Control Leaders will lead a team of risk professionals and work cross-functionally with multiple support partners.
- Partnership development across multiple business and functional areas to develop and execute Control strategies and provide insight into the risks, controls, gaps and trends which present opportunities to manage risk.
Role #1: Product Risk & Standards
This senior leader will be responsible for designing, executing, and monitoring a front line risk and control program focused on Treasury, Merchant & Payment Solution Products risks & controls. Portfolio includes over 120 product types that are offered in the US and around the globe.
Role #2: Treasury Management Payment Delivery & Commercial Card Process Control
This senior leader will be responsible for designing, executing, and monitoring a front line risk and control program supporting Treasury Management Payment Delivery & Commercial Card processes and risks.
Role #3: TMPS Implementation & Client Delivery Process Control
This senior leader will be responsible for designing, executing, and monitoring a front line risk and control program supporting Treasury Management Client Services, Implementation and Affiliate processes and risks.
Role #4: TMPS Sales Process Control
This senior leader will be responsible for designing, executing, and monitoring a front line risk and control program supporting TMPS Sales processes including Treasury Sales, Merchant Wholesale Sales & Merchant Community Bank Sales.
Role #5: Digital Solutions Channel Delivery
This senior leader will be responsible for designing, executing, and monitoring a front line risk and control program supporting Wells Fargo’s Treasury Management and Corporate Digital Solutions Channel Delivery processes and risks.
Role #6: Merchant Services Control
This senior leader will be responsible for designing, executing, and monitoring a front line risk and control program supporting Wells Fargo Merchant Services processes and risks.
Each leader will oversee a large/matrixed team responsible for providing adequate coverage of business and product specific risk management across risk domains and facilitate an aggregate, end to end view of risk.The Candidate
These roles require a collaborative leader capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment as well as strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while having ability to make timely and difficult decisions.
Successful candidates will have ability to distill complex concepts, business and processes across multiple teams into simplified/targeted solutions, communicate those concepts effectively and ensure that all deliverables are met. They will use process and analysis skills to identify business problems and build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations. They will also have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including the PVSI Control Team Executive, PVSI Business Unit Leaders, PVSI Risk-Aligned Control Teams, PVSI Control Support Teams, Independent Risk Management, Internal Audit, Legal and Control Leaders in other LOBs.Specific Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary PVSI Control Team liaison to business unit heads
- Serve as the business risk and control subject matter expert (SME) for products, services, risks, processes, and controls for the aligned Treasury,Merchant & Payment Solutions Business unit
- Facilitate risk management activities within the front line and ensure compliance with enterprise requirements
- Serve as an advisor to guide business and risk mitigation strategies
- Create an aggregate view of risk across assigned businesses and products
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 6+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Deep Treasury, Merchant Services or Cash Management Banking experience (including the products, operations, processes, customer interactions and where the manifest risk) with strong knowledge of the overall financial services industry and regulatory environment
- Experience building and executing risk based programs or business processes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven leadership ability to drive successful execution of business initiatives
- Ability to plan, prioritize and set goals
- Proven ability to build dynamic and high performing teams
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders
- Working knowledge of PVSI relationships and transaction processes
- Strong understanding of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are in place
- BA/BS and/or Advanced Degree (MBA, JD, etc)
Other Major Wells Fargo Hub locations may be consideredDisclaimer
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.