Location: Department #760 2202 Kwik Trip Way La Crosse , WI 54601
Education Experience: No Degree
Employment Experience: 1-3 years
Already a Kwik Trip Co-worker? Follow this link to apply: myapps.kwiktrip.com
Convenience Transportation, LLC, a subsidiary of Kwik Trip, Inc., operates a Truck Maintenance Shop, located in La Crosse, WI. We moved into a new 21 bay facility during the fall of 2016. Our facility services a modern fleet which includes: 200 Power Units that run 25 million miles per year, 150 Reefer trailers, 101 Petroleum tankers, 12 straight trucks, 10 yard spotters, 150 shuttle trailers, 300 company automobiles, as well as, providing service work for external fleets. Our state-of-the art Shop is equipped with 2 in floor truck hoists, 2 sets of portable hoists, a 3 ton jib crane, in floor heat, and is natural gas compliant. Due to recent expansion, we are currently looking for additional mechanics. Our Maintenance shop runs three shifts, and our mechanics are scheduled on a variety of shifts that cover our 24/7, 365 day operation.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Conduct preventative maintenance inspections on semi-tractors / trailers
· General maintenance of equipment and component replacement
· Diesel / Heavy Equipment Maintenance degree or 2 plus years of relevant work experience
· Possess class A CDL or the ability to obtain one
· Ability to supply your own hand tools
· High level of customer service
· Accurate / detail orientated
· Basic math aptitude
· Read / understand / interpret numbers
· Read / follow directions
· Work well alone and as part of team
· Work with minimal supervision
· Work in a noisy environment
· Work in a variety of environmental conditions occasionally
· Work in a safety conscious environment
· Prior experience with refrigerant recovery, confined space training or tanker regulations is a plus
· Thermo King / Carrier experience is also a plus
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
Physical qualifications: stand / walk up to 12 hours per shift; bend / reach / twist / stoop frequently; lift / carry 100 pounds to waist level occasionally; push / pull 100 pounds of force.
Work Schedule: As a result of the expansion within the truck shop, there are a variety of work schedules currently available. Specific work schedules are still being finalized; however, mechanics will work 4, 10-hour shifts, 5, 8-hour shifts, or 3, 12-hour shifts. Shifts could be days or nights depending on availability of open shifts.
Kwik Trip, Inc. OVERVIEW:
For over 50 years, Kwik Trip, Inc. has operated friendly, clean, trusted, family-owned, local convenience stores in communities throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. With a commitment to generosity, Kwik Trip, Inc. is dedicated to treating co-workers and guests like family. We continue to look for ways to improve our guest shopping experience and product offerings, as well as to ensure we provide a safe and fun work environment for our co-workers. We offer competitive wage and benefits and continue to invest in our family of co-workers and provide them with career advancement and growth opportunities.
Kwik Trip, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Function: Installation - Maint - Repair; Skilled Labor - Trades; Transportation