DescriptionThe UM Administration Coordinator 1 contributes to administration of utilization management. The UM Administration Coordinator 1 performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
The UM Administration Coordinator 1 provides non-clinical support for the policies and procedures ensuring best and most appropriate treatment, care or services for members.
- Creation of prior authorizations following company's processes from online sources.
- Use of attention to detail to provide accurate data entry and timely resolutions for authorizations requests.
- Build lasting relationships with Humana's customers via outbound calls when needed: Physician offices and Pharmacies.
- High School Diploma
- Administrative or technical support experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook in a Windows based environment and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Must be able to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Monday-Saturday. Potential overtime during peak season as well as when business needs require
Proficient utilizing electronic medical record and documentation programs
Proficient and/or experience with medical terminology and/or ICD-10 codes
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
Prior member service or customer service telephone experience desired
Experience with Utilization Review and/or Prior Authorization, preferably within a managed care organization
Scheduled Weekly Hours40