DescriptionThe UM Specialist contributes to administration of utilization management. The UM Specialist performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
Role: UM Specialist
Location: Torrance, CA
Humana’s dream is to help our members and our own associates achieve lifelong well-being. Use your clinical experience to work with patients and providers in a nontraditional environment where your knowledge will make a difference. Our associates know their work is vitally important; we strive to ensure we provide perfect service with one-on-one member interactions as a coach, personal nurse, or clinical advisor. Humana’s Perfect Experience means getting the basics done right, delivering value and quality, providing guidance on needs, and being engaged with our members. We want to help our members make the right choices to live life fully. We begin that process by connecting our members with an associate who cares.
Be a part of our Clinical Space- Provide guidance to facilitate interaction or services that connect people with lifelong well-being.As a UM (Utilization Management) Specialist you will contribute to the success of Humana’s business strategy by collecting broad based information and gathering resources and data in order to arm the team with the tools necessary to enhance consumer engagement, choice, and trust.I
Preferred applicants will have a clerical support background in a healthcare environment (Certified Nurse Aide, Medical Assistant, or medical coding is valuable), possess excellent phone etiquette, communication skills and demonstrate proficiency with MS Office products; particularly Word, Excel and Outlook. This is an office based position working out of the Torrace, CA location. Hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Pacific Time.
- Majority of the time will be dedicated to attaching faxes for chart reviews for the nursing team
- Answering departmental phones as assigned
- Make outbound calls to engage members and/or providers to verify clinical information/discharge date and admission status
- Document calls and attach clinical information received
- Request clinical information from providers/facilities
- Create and send out written correspondence
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Collaborate with multiple roles/departments/providers/team members
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of computers, or a demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Role Desirables
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Clerical support background in a healthcare environment
- Familiarity with medical terminology and/or ICD-10 codes
- Experience working in a call center environment a plus
- CNA or Medical Assistant background a plus
You will report to a Supervisor.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40