For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.(sm) This role is in Key Accounts and is office based in Minnetonka.
- Develop comparative benefit packages, review claim experience, and apply underwriting guidelines to prepare renewal and/or prospect rates
- Support Marketing in completing group experience retention illustrations and address questions on request for proposals
- Analyze health benefit plan characteristics and assess risks around loss of clients
- Utilize underwriting criteria and policies to provide proper rating methodologies
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to the sales staff and district offices on new health care proposals
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Finance, Economics or related degree
- 1+ years experience in risk analysis
- Managed care experience
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Underwriter, Financial Underwriter, Medical Underwriter, Underwriter, Key Accounts, Entry Level Underwriter