- Bachelors Degree in Math, Finance, Business or related degree
- 5+ years experience in healthcare underwriting for any variety of products: PPO, HMO, self-funded, ASO/fully-insured, group or individual
- 1+ years experience with Risk Management
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office suite (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: underwriting, underwriter, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Omaha, NE, Nebraska, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana, Dallas, TX, Texas, Santa Ana, CA, California, Greensboro, NC, North Carolina, Hartford, CT, Connecticut