For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Underwriting Consultant will analyze health benefit plan characteristics and assess risks as to frequency and potential severity of losses of clients. This individual will analyze health benefit plan characteristics and assess risks as to frequency and potential severity of losses of clients.
This role supports our self funded business, both new business and renewal. It is office based in either Minnetonka, MN. or Hartford, CT.
- Utilize established underwriting criteria and policies to provide proper rating methodologies
- Build and maintain models to assist in the economic analysis of market alternatives
- Evaluate and recommend alternative pricing options and plan design changes based on economic analysis and trends
- Prepare financial modeling for reserve calculation, budget calculation, and other ongoing reviews that directly aligns with client strategies
Validate renewals and request for proposals for accuracy including utilization & experience reporting
- 4+ years of experience in healthcare underwriting for any variety of products: PPO, HMO, self-funded, ASO/fully-insured, group or individual
- 1+ years of experience with Risk Management
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office suite (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Underwriting experience with self funded accounts is a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Bachelors Degree in Math, Finance, Business or related degree
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Underwriting Consultant, Self Funded, ASO Underwriting, Medical Underwriting, Financial Underwriting, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Hartford, CT, Connecticut