Job ID 41173
Position Location US-PA-Hazleton
Facility Name St. Luke Village, The Pavilion at
Job Category Admin - Clerical
Position Status FT (Full Time)
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing health care providers as a CNA/STNA at our dynamic facility The Pavilion at St. Luke Village located in Hazleton, PA.
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference.
A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Unit Clerk, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse in their day-to-day recording and charting of medical or administrative information in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern medical records, and as may be required by the Director of Clinical Services Services, to ensure that our medical records are maintained in an informative and descriptive manner. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Unit Clerk, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. The primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse in their day-to-day recording and charting of medical or administrative information in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern medical records, and as may be required. No supervisory responsibilities. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or mangers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in his job description. The employer had the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
- Record medical and administrative information in accordance with Consulate Health Care established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Maintain the Daily Census Report and submit to Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse.
- Maintain an up-to-date roster of residents for your assigned unit.
- Answer telephone, page calls; deliver messages to residents, etc., as necessary.
- Maintain a current listing of emergency phone numbers for your assigned unit.
- Maintain and forward daily tardy and absentee reports to the Business Office.
- Record appropriate resident identification data on designated medical records, wristbands, ID cards, etc., as required.
- Transcribe physicians’ orders to care plans, medication cards, treatment plans, etc., as required.
- Record vital signs as directed.
- Forward new diet orders and/or diet changes to the Director of Dining Services.
- Keep nursing service personnel informed of residents’ appointments.
- Assist in arranging for and making resident appointments for diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Notify the resident’s responsible party when there is a change in the resident’s condition as instructed.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents. Assist in arranging for transportation, packing residents’ belongings, escorting them to discharge/transfer area, loading, etc., as necessary.
- Assist in the completion of necessary medical and administrative records upon the resident’s admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Forward completed charts of discharged residents to the Medical Records/Health Information Department.
- Direct visitors to resident rooms, office areas, etc., as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Must have two (2) years experience in similar position.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community. Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.