Job ID 33837
Position Location US-FL-Miami
Facility Name Franco Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Job Category RN
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Shift 2nd Shift - 2nd FLOOR
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in Miami- Franco Nursing And Rehab Center 3106
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Unit Manager, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors, and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, and Passion. The primary purpose of your position is for managing the staffing needs and providing supervision for nursing staff providing direct resident care to ensure quality resident care on the assigned unit. This position assists in staff development. Such supervision is in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Clinical Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Unit Manager, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for providing direct resident care in accordance with established plans. Supervises Clinical Nurses and Nurse Techs. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in his job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in the capacity as a Team Leader in a modified primary care setting.
- Provide regular resident status updates to appropriate personnel.
- Supervises Nurse Techs/Clinical Nurse I & II (LPN), and participate in their evaluations.
- Conduct and document a complete data collection of each resident’s medical status upon admission and throughout the resident’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned resident.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment, and documentation of Consulate Health Care guidelines.
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning resident care.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring nursing staff.
- Provide supervision/counseling as needed to unit nursing staff.
- Assist with completion of annual performance appraisals for all unit nursing personnel, including competency checklists.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with resident record documentation requirements, as directed.
- Coordinate staffing schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ensure compliance with resident rights policies and work with families and other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Must complete Preceptor Training.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
Graduate/Completion of approved/accredited school of nursing. Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice.
Must have a minimum (3) years nursing experience preferred in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility. Minimum one (1) year experience in nursing administration.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients