Job ID 42844
Position Location US-VA-Norfolk
Facility Name Norfolk, Consulate Health Care of
Job Category RN
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Consulate Health Care of Norfolk
As Unit Manager, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for providing direct resident care in accordance with established plans. Supervises Clinical Nurses and Nurse Techs. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in his job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in the capacity as a Team Leader in a modified primary care setting.
- Provide regular resident status updates to appropriate personnel.
- Supervises Nurse Techs/Clinical Nurse I & II (LPN), and participate in their evaluations.
- Conduct and document a complete data collection of each resident’s medical status upon admission and throughout the resident’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned resident.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment, and documentation of Consulate Health Care guidelines.
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning resident care.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring nursing staff.
- Provide supervision/counseling as needed to unit nursing staff.
- Assist with completion of annual performance appraisals for all unit nursing personnel, including competency checklists.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with resident record documentation requirements, as directed.
- Coordinate staffing schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ensure compliance with resident rights policies and work with families and other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Must complete Preceptor Training.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
Graduate/Completion of approved/accredited school of nursing. Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice.
Must have a minimum (3) years nursing experience preferred in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility. Minimum one (1) year experience in nursing administration.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients