No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you! Wheels spinning? Move forward with First Transit!
Come join us at one of our Providence area University operations today!
Join the First Transit team, operating exclusively within the Brown University, RISD & RINEC campuses, located in Providence, RI and be a part of something rewarding and satisfying! We are currently hiring for both CDL and non-CDL operators. CDL shifts available are both day and evening, and Non-CDL shifts are primarily late evening with end times ranging from 2:15 AM – 3:45 AM.
Our drivers provide safe, reliable and efficient transportation throughout campus to students and staff each day.
First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages starting at $12/hr for non-CDL operators!
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid cutting-edge training, including potential CDL training!
University Shuttle Driver requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess at least Rhode Island Chauffeur's License or Passenger endorsement and PUC Blue Card
- CDL with Passenger endorsement required for some routes!
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our First Transit team - Apply today online or in person at: 1 Peter Pan Way, Providence, RI 02904!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.