Acts in the highest level technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex technical support and operating systems or subsystems initiatives. Leads, conducts, and coordinates the analysis, planning, and implementation of systems software and/or hardware. Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, maintains, modifies, and documents operating systems. Plans and defines systems software and/or hardware requirements and determines system specifications and/or customizations. Directs the design of subsystems and integration of total systems. Identifies and resolves the most complex problems. Provides leadership, direction and/or guidance to less experienced staff.
- Administration of the UNIX and Linux environments including validating environmental health and providing day-to-day support is a key area of responsibility.
- This individual will perform day to day operations, projects, planning and execution activities on Red-Hat and Sun Solaris Systems.
- The Secure Environments is very dynamic with many un-anticipated changes. Deriving solutions in close partnership with the line of business and being ‘quick-on-one’s-feet’ is a needed trait for this position.
- This individual should have knowledge in apache webserver, middleware and troubleshooting web and middleware issues
- Versatility is key measure to the success of this position. Candidates that demonstrate versatility between flavors of UNIX/Linux mentioned as well as in the areas of Veritas Storage Foundation with HA, Storage Management, Performance Management, Database management will succeed in this position.
- Patching and updating firmware of the UNIX and Linux environments and validating environmental health afterwards as well as including communication before and after with the application teams whose servers are being worked on.
- This individual will participate in a 24x7 on-call/pager support rotation with other team members.
- 3+ years of operating systems analysis experience
- 3+ years of experience with storage backup software and systems such as NetBackup, Avamar, or Data Domain
- 2+ years of advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, or PL-SQL
- 5+ years of build-deploy automation and configuration experience within the Linux and Unix environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 1+ year of Python experience
- 1+ year of database experience
- 1+ year of RPM packages experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology server: virtualization or partitioning
- 3+ years of virtualization technologies experience
- 1+ year of Puppet experience
- Experience administering, monitoring and managing Solaris (9/10/11) and Red-Hat (5/6/7) environments.
- Experience patching and updating firmware in Solaris (9/10/11) and Red-Hat (5/6/7) environments.
- Experience with high-availability and clustering technologies, such as Veritas Cluster Services
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System, Logical Volume Manager for the Linux operating system.
- Experience automating activities using shell scripting.
- Demonstrable experience with the administration or setup of Oracle/Oracle RAC/Sybase/Hadoop.
- Experience supporting Web Server infrastructure environments
- Demonstrable leadership skills such as managing time, managing meetings
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Shoreview: 1801 Parkview Dr - Shoreview, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.