- Perform safe operation of switches and locomotive (using remote control unit) to control correct train movement within designated facility tracks to facilitate unloading of railcars.
- Safely operate railcar handbrakes and perform all other train handling functions required for safe operating practices according to company policies.
- Work on and around railcars, locomotives and other moving equipment.
- Safely operate unloading equipment, conveyors, hoists and other specialized material-handling equipment.
- Monitor product movement from railcar to conveyor to ensure constant product flow.
- Perform required equipment inspections.
- Safely open and close railcar hopper doors according to company training and procedures.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of facility, machinery and unloading system.
- Comply with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including day or night shifts.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying temperatures and inclement weather.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move fifty pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel and climb.
- Education Required or Equivalent Experience: High school diploma or GED
- Related Experience Required: 2 years work experience
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Springfield, Illinois, United States