DescriptionThe Utilization Management Nurse 2 utilizes clinical nursing skills to support the coordination, documentation and communication of medical services and/or benefit administration determinations. The Utilization Management Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Utilization Management Nurse 2 uses clinical knowledge, communication skills, and independent critical thinking skills towards interpreting criteria, policies, and procedures to provide the best and most appropriate treatment, care or services for members. Coordinates and communicates with providers, members, or other parties to facilitate optimal care and treatment. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Active RN license in the state(s) in which the nurse is required to practice
- Ability to be licensed in multiple states without restrictions
- Prior clinical experience preferably in an acute care, skilled or rehabilitation clinical setting
- Ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
- Valid drivers license and/or dependable transportation necessary (variable by region)
- Associates working in the state of Arizona must comply with the Tobacco Free Hiring Policy (see details below under Additional Information) and upon offer will be subjected to nicotine testing as part of a 10-panel drug test
- Education: BSN or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Health Plan experience
- Previous Medicare/Medicaid Experience a plus
- Call center or triage experience
- Previous experience in utilization management, discharge planning and/or home health or rehab
- Bilingual is a plus
The following policy applies ONLY to associates working in the state of Arizona:
Humana is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to promoting the health and well-being of its associates. Effective July 1, 2011, Humana has adopted a tobacco-free hiring policy that will promote a healthier workplace and will not hire users of tobacco and nicotine products. If you have any questions, please consult with your recruiter.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40