BBBY’s User Experience Team is in charge of designing great customer experiences across our digital channels — for both Bed Bath & Beyond and buybuy BABY. Our designers are true hybrids; we’re equal parts UX and Visual designer. As a Senior UX Designer: App, you’ll be responsible for leading the design of our 4 native mobile apps (Bed Bath & Beyond + buybuy Baby for iOS/Android). You’ll work with product managers, developers and business partners to deliver great products to our customers.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience designing native mobile apps. They should understand digital customer journeys, cross platform feature design and how to apply data to design decisions. Bonus points for ecommerce experience.
- Lead design projects from concept to launch across our mobile apps
- Advocate for the customer and follow user-centered design principles
- Rapidly iterate though design solutions
- Create flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes and detailed visual design
- Clearly communicate designs through prototypes, documentation and presentations
- Conduct user research and usability testing
- Support and validate your work through analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Maintain and grow our Style Guide and Design Language System
- Mentor younger designers and foster a culture of innovation
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with product managers, developers, and designers
- Stay current with trends in UX, design and ecommerce
- At least 5+ years of UX/Visual design experience
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating mobile app design
- Ability to distill complex problems to elegant solutions
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle, Axure and Sketch
- Proficiency in prototyping with tools such as InVision, Axure, Flinto, FramerJS
- Proficiency in working with small collaborative teams
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.