At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an independent risk management function within Corporate Credit that:
- Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
- Communicates with regulators on pending and proposed regulations
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
REVS has an immediate need for a Valuation Consultant 4. This position will be responsible for commercial real estate safety and soundness to include FIRREA regulatory risk management for both domestic and international valuation activities. Additionally, this role will assist the REVS Operational Risk Team with Line of Business (LOB) oversight to include horizontal risk assessments to provide governance and oversight of LOB compliance programs to ensure LOBs have strong, compliant testing programs and effective controls to mitigate valuation regulatory risk.
The candidate will partner with other teams to oversee LOB and corporate valuation policies related to commercial real estate and will participate in development and management of said policies and internal valuation business policies.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Performs commercial valuation-related duties and/or may assist with residential valuation-related duties.
- Reviews or performs the most high risk and complex valuation assignments.
- Performs management functions including the management of complex business relationships involving internal partners and outside professionals and management of other professional team members within the context of specific assignments.
- Assist with identifying risk control points within REVS processes and procedures.
- Ensuring appropriate action plans are developed and implemented by the responsible part(ies) when issues are identified.
- Reviews or prepares valuation reports to ensure appropriate content and compliance with federal, regulatory, and bank policy.
- Provides guidance to staff regarding the most complex valuations.
- May develop and oversee implementation of national valuation related strategies to meet group needs.
- May also supervise or manage less than three team members.
- Provides leadership to team members in managers absence
**Position is open to the Wells Fargo footprint**
- 12+ years of valuation experience
- Certified Appraiser
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Certified General Appraiser
- Commercial real estate experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Able to review and prepare ARGUS DCF Models
- Prior experience with quality assurance
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.