We have an excellent opportunity on our team for a self-motivated professional with excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work in a fast paced Accounts Payable department. This position is based in our Union, NJ corporate headquarters.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, analytical, organized, have excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume environment. Prior retail accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience is a plus.
- Communicate timely and effectively with vendors via email or phone.
- Liaise between vendors and other internal departments at Bed Bath & Beyond.
- Vendor receivables statement reconciliation.
- Identify vendor problems and propose solutions, with supporting analysis, to management.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Continually evaluate department processes and procedures.
Our general requirements and core competencies include:
- Prior payables or vendor relations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to extract information from various sources and systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial systems and PC applications (MS Office Suite).
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, accurate, organized, and reliable.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.