The Venture Development Senior Associate is an integral member of the UnitedHealth Group R&D team responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction to our development and growth pipeline. This person must possess exceptional critical thinking skills understand and will act as a subject matter expert on disciplined processes to evaluate and conduct business-building initiatives.
As a key member of our fast-paced UnitedHealth Group R&D Ventures Development team, this position would put you at the forefront of important investment opportunities, will provide extensive exposure to executive and senior leadership throughout our organization
- Determine investment opportunities for UHG R&D
- Leverage internal innovation approaches to move concepts through the development pipeline
- Establish strong relationships internal and external business partners
- Identify value creation opportunities within investment concepts and business ideas
- Coordinate and guide internal projects with cross-functional teams
- Undergraduate Degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Healthcare industry
- Experience creating detailed financial models
- Familiar with various healthcare reimbursement methodologies
- Fluent in industry terms and acronyms
- Fluent on how money moves between Players, Providers, Suppliers and Members
- Experience communicating directly with senior management teams
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Development Senior Consultant, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota