Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The VP will lead the overall development and operational strategies for the DSNP product within Complex Care Management. Responsible for the design, development of new, existing or acquisition products. Reviews product performance against expectations and facilitates or influences changes to product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimize product performance. Anticipates future needs to drive existing and new product development and innovations to meet ongoing performance standards and demands of business growth. Works in collaboration with Care Services leaders and external business constituents to determine product design and strategy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides leadership, accountability, and responsibility for the overall oversight and performance of the Product organization, including P&L, product management and growth.
- Creates a successful Product Roadmap for the product to achieve goals around growth, revenue, profit and return on investment for all of the channels/categories of the product and/or key external customers
- Reviews product performance against expectations and facilitates or influences changes to product portfolio to ensure optimal performance
- Understands and drives product requirements (from market and clients), overall value, reporting, performance, product roadmap/evolution (enhance, expand, maintain, sunset) to drive product strategy that aligns with market dynamics and growth expectations
- Demonstrates understanding of market trends and competition to ensure appropriate product position and growth
- Lead and oversee product development and management including creation, development, and implementation of innovative solutions driven by trends, customer needs and ongoing operational needs within Care Services
- Understands market stakeholders to ensure value at each level – clients, consumers, providers, regulators, accreditation, Optum/UHG, others
- Drives growth, and go-to-market strategy, individual ctlient deal strategies; serves as product subject matter exper
- Identifies acquisition and partnership targets that align with Care Services product and growth opportunities
- Facilitate the design and build of end to end operating and clinical models for products across Care Services
- Builds relationships with key matrix partners and executes on product delivery to ensure alignment with Optum, UHC, and other business units to achieve seamless execution and service delivery
- Demonstrates cross functional leadership and collaboration (Hub & Spoke) – collaborates with functions to execute and drive strategy and financial accountability
- Demonstrates a solution-oriented approach to managing existing client relationships, the value specific to each client and seeks to understand the needs beyond the obvious. Gains deep understanding of core client business and processes
- Effectively Influences and communicates. Builds relationships with multiple influencers and advocates, adjusts the approach based on behavioral styles. Encourages deep dialogue to understand the client’s needs
- Crafts the Total Solution. Understands the client’s needs and designs compelling and encompassing solutions. Connects and listens to buyers, connects personally. Leverages the total company resources available
- Establishes Value and ROI. Persuades buyers that they will achieve results, minimizes risk through demonstrating experience, builds trust and inspires confidence
- Diagnoses Client Needs. Demonstrates deep analysis and assessment capabilities aligned with the needs of the client. Utilizes previous known solutions and analytics available to diagnose the client’s needs. Leverages larger for analytics and input
- Influence and Negotiate. Communicates a clear and compelling vision. Presents a compelling case for ideas and proposals. Builds a broad base of support among key decision-makers and influencers. Uses personal influence and credibility to achieve organizational impact
- Strategic Vision and Thinking: Ability to position the organization for the future, looking beyond the present situation to conceptualize key trends and identify changing market demands
- Coaching and Developing Others: Guides others in performing effectively and provides others with development opportunities; provides direction without moving responsibility and allows others to determine the best approach to executing assignments
- Decision Making: Makes quality decisions in a timely manner leveraging
- Knowledge and experience in deployment of various reimbursement and risk-based methodologies
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of senior level executive relationship management experience. 5+ years of experience in driving deep, productive relationships with senior-level client executives
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership in identifying, accessing, developing, constructing, presenting, negotiating, closing, and managing large deals in healthcare.
- Proven experience and expertise in the health system market required
- Proven ability to analyze complex market opportunities and develop creative solutions to a wide variety of unique market problems
- Ability to drive rapid expansion through market implentations and product scalability initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively message, position and present information for client impact and influence. Excellent negotiation, influencing, collaboration, and listening skills
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment. Ability to successfully negotiate complex internal operating environments with a high level of collaboration. Role models an expertise point of view
- Demonstrated track record of active collaboration, engagement, oversight and strategy development of key growth opportunities
- Excellent presentation skills with the expertise and sophistication needed to credibly represent Optum in the context of the company's values and quality commitments.
- Experience interacting at the C-Suite level to cultivate relationships and partnerships.
- Strong leadership and vision
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Travel as required
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MHA)
- Medicare Advantage experience and/or expertise
- DSNP experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.