No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Vice President (VP) of Clinovations, a member of the senior management team, is responsible for the overall management of practice operations, business development, and oversight of teams within assigned transformational Clinovations engagements. Each transformational engagement typically is composed of an interdisciplinary team that will be accountable directly to the VP with respect to the engagement. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
With a targeted portfolio of two to three engagements concurrently and a target for business unit growth and sales, the VP will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Leads the commercial processes of new business development
- Responsible for meeting sales targets
- Provides leadership and strategic direction, holding workstream engagement leaders on-site accountable for performance and assisting them with complex and challenging tasks
- Ensures outstanding and consistent customer service
- Responsible for the integrity of operational processes, both administrative and clinical, including building engagement budgets, ensuring adequate human resources, and compliance with regulatory standards
- Responsible for meeting profitability targets for specific engagements, as well as pursuing and earning performance based bonuses in at-risk engagements
- Makes necessary adjustments to engagement plans in order to achieve targeted results
- Develops and manages professional training and development specific to the business of managing health system sponsored medical group transformations, including mechanisms to identify and socialized lessons learned in one market to teams working across the portfolio
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience at a senior level managing large scale consulting engagements and leading business development efforts
- Familiarity with leading EHR vendors' core capabilities, including knowledge of tools and systems
- Experience in developing growth strategies for organization(s), particularly around new business lines
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills with the ability to demonstrate these skills in both face-to-face and electronic formats including but not limited to telephone and email systems with special attention to detail and accuracy
- Master’s degree in health administration or other related field is strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication with both staff and clients with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, and track record of driving others to perform and achieve results
- Ability to solve problems by applying diverse skills and experience, demonstrate significant analytical capability, ability to manage through ambiguity and change while remaining self-motivated, organized and resourceful
- Experience working in a team environment with the ability to develop trusting and collaborative relationships
- Experience managing and coaching more junior team members
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Demonstrated success in yielding unprecedented results within the area of health care operations management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate all relevant operational perspectives.
- Proven physician relationship skills.
- Proven engagement with physicians, and ability to provide valuable insights and logical explanations when faced with difficult questions.
- Proven ability to be a creative an innovative thinker
- Experience as a successful influencer who can interact effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders such as other physicians, healthcare administration, and staff
- A proven leader in demonstrating how to build a partnership between physicians and administration
- Proven communication skills, including listening and presenting
- Ability to build trust and confidence with utmost integrity
- Proven knowledge of how to get things done in a complex organization
- Ability to facilitate and lead successful outcomes
- Ability to lead change and achieve support for change; builds consensus
- Strong customer service-focus for patients and employees
- A proven strategic thinker with ability to see big picture
- Proven business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the development, motivation and directing of teams
- Ability to be patient yet persistent when appropriate
- Takes accountability and responsibility for own actions and is self-aware of areas for personal improvement
- Proven success as a team player who can build collaborative relationships across the organization
- Ability to understand value of technology and able to address issues of costs, benefit/risk analysis
- Proven credibility with physician constituencies
- Ability to motivate others
- Proven success working towards a goal(s); ability to take initiative
- Proven ability to handle complex, ambiguous and changing environments
- Strong desire to exceed expectations and produce exceptional results
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.